Frankfurt is the financial and transportation powerhouse of Germany, and “Flüge nach Frankfurt” (flights to Frankfurt) on Lufthansa – Europe’s largest airline – offer an ideal gateway to explore this dynamic city and cultural crossroads. As Lufthansa’s main hub, Frankfurt Airport serves as the link connecting Germany to over 300 cities worldwide. Convenient nonstop and connecting Lufthansa flights to Frankfurt put you steps away from Frankfurt’s impressive skyline, centuries-old alleyways, and vibrant food scene.
Despite its status as a centre of banking and commerce, Frankfurt retains both medieval charm and plenty of green space. Wander the cobbled lanes of the Römerberg – Frankfurt’s old town – then stroll the leafy banks of the river Main which winds through the city. Whether you’re travelling for business or pleasure, Frankfurt offers the perfect mix of old and new. Experience communist-era intrigue at Checkpoint Charlie, admire towering skyscrapers from a traditional apple wine tavern and then rise early to watch the sunrise over the city’s ancient cathedral.
So skip through Lufthansa’s diverse flights to Frankfurt options and book your ticket now. Let Germany’s most populous city greet you with open arms, unlocking its mix of history, culture, and modern pleasures – all made easily accessible thanks to Europe’s premier airline.
Here are Steps to Book Flights to Frankfurt:
Secure Your Seat on the London-Frankfurt Express!
- Search for flights to Frankfurt from London on Lufthansa’s website:
- Look for midweek flights departing London on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, or Thursdays for better deals.
- Keep an eye out for sales and seat sales that apply for flights to Frankfurt. Lufthansa frequently offers discounted tickets.
- Book well in advance, ideally 3 to 6 months before your preferred travel dates. The earlier, the cheaper generally.
- Consider flying into Frankfurt Hahn Airport as an alternative. It’s about 90 minutes from Frankfurt city but often has lower fares.
- Look for multi-city trips that connect through Frankfurt for potential savings vs one-way flights.
- Check if you can redeem reward miles or points for free or cheaper “flights London to Frankfurt“. You’ll need to be a member of the airline’s loyalty program.
- As a last resort, compare prices on aggregators like Skyscanner and Google Flights. But book direct with the airline for the best experience.
- Always double-check all flight details before paying, ensuring you have the correct London airport and travel dates for London to Frankfurt flights.
By following these steps, you’ll secure an affordable seat for flights to Frankfurt in no time! Frankfurt is just a short and cheap flight away from London on one of Europe’s busiest routes.
Here are some places worth visiting in Frankfurt for those taking Flights to Frankfurt
- The Römerberg and Old Town – The historic heart of Frankfurt features medieval buildings, narrow lanes, and outdoor cafes. Must-sees include the Römer city hall and St. Nicholas Church.
- The Cathedral – The imposing Frankfurt Cathedral houses religious art and sculptures. Visit the cathedral for a marvellous experience.
- The Museum Embankment – A scenic stretch along the Main River with top-rated museums like the Städel Museum of Art and the Giersch School of Fine Arts.
- The Skyline – Admire Frankfurt’s impressive skyscrapers from parks, riverbanks, and viewpoints around the city. Notable towers include the Main Tower and the Eurotower.
- Sachsenhausen – A charming district south of the river known for its apple wine taverns, restaurants, and lovely river promenade. A popular place for a relaxing afternoon.
- The Zoo and Palmengarten – Two adjacent attractions with lush botanical gardens, aquariums, play areas, and over 2,000 animals at the zoo.
- The Apple Wine Route – A driving or cycling tour taking in farms, taverns, and distilleries producing the region’s famous Ebbelwei wine along the Deutsche Apfelweinstrasse.
- FundGRABEN – An underground street housing boutique stores, bars, and galleries right in the city centre. A unique retail experience.
- Messe Frankfurt – One of the world’s largest trade fair grounds hosting major international expos year-round. A bustling spot to experience the business culture.
In conclusion, flights to Frankfurt on Lufthansa offer an ideal gateway to experience the contrasting yet harmonious blend of old and new that defines Frankfurt.
As Europe’s largest airline and Frankfurt’s main carrier, Lufthansa provides travellers with hassle-free access to the city through its main Frankfurt Airport hub. The airline’s vast network of over 300 connections from Frankfurt makes it easy to reach this dynamic metropolis at the heart of Germany.
Whether you book flights to Frankfurt for business meetings, visit trade fairs, or simply explore the city’s rich culture, Lufthansa will deliver you effortlessly to a destination that expertly weaves centuries of history into its modern character. Read more on Nomadscolumn!